— Get In Touch
We all know that we’re big talkers with big opinions in this business. Don’t hold back on what you want from AAF-Southern Illinois. We want to hear from you. It’s how we make the club better not just for you, but for all of our members.
Frequently Asked Questions
what is aaf?
The American Advertising Federation (AAF) is the nation’s oldest national advertising trade association and the only association representing all facets of the advertising industry. AAF is headquartered in Washington, D.C, and acts as the “Unifying Voice for Advertising.” The AAF also has 15 district operations, each located in and representing a different region of the nation. The AAF’s membership is comprised of nearly 100 blue-chip corporate members comprising the nation’s leading advertisers, advertising agencies, and media companies; a national network of nearly 200 local federations, representing 40,000 advertising professionals, located in ad communities across the country; and more than 200 AAF college chapters, with over 6,500 student members. The AAF operates a host of programs and initiatives including the Advertising Hall of Fame, the American Advertising Awards, the National Student Advertising Competition, the Mosaic Center on Multiculturalism, and summer Ad Camps for high school students in Chicago and Washington.
what is aaf's mission?
The American Advertising Federation protects and promotes the well-being of advertising. We accomplish this through a unique, nationally-coordinated grassroots network of advertisers, agencies, media companies, local advertising clubs, and college chapters.
what does aaf do?
- Brings members together to yield creative business solutions.
- Protects and promotes advertising at all levels of government through grassroots activities.
- Educates members on the latest trends in technology, creativity and marketing.
- Provides programs to assist local association volunteer leadership.
- Presents the industry with its future leaders.
- Honors advertising excellence.
- Promotes diversity in advertising by encouraging the recruitment of people of diverse cultures.
- Applies the communication skills of its members to help solve community concerns.
what are some of aaf's initiatives?
- ADMERICA! AAF National Conference
- American Advertising Awards Competition
- Local Level
- District Level
- National Level
- National Student Advertising Competition (NSAC)
- Mosaic Awards
You’ll meet industry pros, build a strong local network, and make new friends. Seriously. AAF Southern Illinois is an invaluable networking resource for navigating the local ad scene.
AAF Southern Illinois leadership roles help you learn to work with a team and manage resources and projects.
AAF Southern Illinois hosts meetings, programs, and social mixers where speakers offer insight on everything from industry history to tips on improving the quality of your creative, marketing, social, and digital initiatives.
It’s not all business. The leaders at AAF Southern Illinois work hard to create an environment where members can let loose, mingle, and build lasting connections.
Join. Belong. Expand Your Mind.
1100 Lincoln Drive, #1205
Carbondale, IL 62901